Monday, June 29, 2009

Jailbreaking my ipod touch 1g, iphone 3g next?

So the other night I finally decided to dust off my old ipod touch and give jailbreaking a try. I did a few days of research first before I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. I used quickpwn (after updating to 2.2.1), which ended up being just as simple as they said it would be. But getting the ipod touch jailbroken was only half the battle.

Where are all the apps? Well the first night I spent finding sources for cydia (a program that comes with quickpwn), after hours I was no where. The next night I found the NES emulator and spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how to actually get the roms onto the ipod touch. Once I figured that all out, I figured that was it. But I started to think... there has to be more. Why else would anyone jailbreak their iphone? (other then tethering and adding cosmetics) That's when I found out that they have cracked app's out there. After a few google searches for cracked apps and torrent searching I found hundreds of free apps. Of course the only downside to this is that it's illegal, but it does offer you a glimpse at what you are buying before you spend your money on something you are unsure of.

Now i'm waiting to see what the guys over at quickpwn say about the new 3.0 iphone jailbreak. I really want to add a few apps that are specifically for the phone, but i'm going to wait this one out to make sure my phone doesn't turn into a brick. (although that wouldn't be a bad excuse to buy the 3gs)

No comments:

Post a Comment